Monday, June 4, 2012

Stair Step Waterfall

I wrote a very personal post today, but it wasn't ready for publishing yet. Or maybe I wasn't ready. It's hard to put yourself out there for everyone to see. Your raw emotions and biggest fears and failures. One day...but not today. Instead, I will share a picture that's a tiny bit related.

This is what happens at the end of my block during the worst, lightning and thunder, monsoon-like rain storms.

I took this picture after a very emotional day. It was a very welcome distraction. The waterfall is amazing. Alice and I can stop and stare at it forever. It's unexpected.


It just goes to show, that even during the worst possible storms, something cool can happen if you just allow yourself to see it.

6 comments:

  1. I love those silver lining moments. The universe is a very complicated place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very complicated indeed. I'm not usually one to see the silver lining. It's easier to be overcome with the storm.

      Delete
  2. Hello, had to come here after the comment you left for left me bowled over.

    You know, I began blogging after tiring from the weight of being quiet about my life for nearly 40 years.

    Last May 8, 2011, I went public, open, finally about who I am and what my life is.

    I felt the earth shift and it was an out of body experience, as if I were bursting and twisting out of a long useless shell.

    This is me now, and the words won't stop flowing out.

    I PRAY THE SAME FOR YOU, dear lady.

    xo

    There is something special about you. I don't know what yet....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will hear your voice, encouraging me along, as I try to break free from my useless shell. I'm in there and in time I will come out.

      Delete
  3. It's good that you still spot the amazing and beautiful moments. That stair waterfall is unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was driving home and paused, knowing how much Alice enjoys watching it. In my head, I heard your voice, so I put the car in park, watched for awhile and snapped a pic before continuing on. I owe this pic to the little voice in my head...you, Kat.

      Delete