Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Go Vote!

I overheard this conversation and it made me chuckle.

Him: So, Alice. Today's Election Day. That means we get to vote to decide who's going to be our president.

Her: What?

Him: Well. I'm going to vote this morning. I'm going to pick who I want to be president of our country.

Her: Where?

Him: You know the playground near our house?

Her: The one with the spinny blue monkey bars.

Him: What? I don't know the spinny blue monkey bars. I'm talking about the playground at the school near our house.

Her: Uh huh. The one with the spinny blue monkey bars.

Him: Sure. Fine. I guess. Anyway. I'm going there to vote.

Her: You get to go to the playground? I wanna go to the playground!

Him: I'm not going to the playground. I'm going to go to the school to vote.

Her: ..........

Him: So tonight or tomorrow we will find out who's our president for the next four years. It's either going to be Obama who is our current president or Romney.

Her: I think you should pick Romney.

Him: I think you're wrong.

5 comments:

  1. Lol love it. Good thing she was wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, love this. A girl who knows what she wants - monkey bars and Romney.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the end she conceded to vote for Obama this year and the new guy next year. I didn't have the heart to tell her we will all be voting for the new guy (or gal) next year.

      Delete